Speech Class
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should animals have the same rights as people?

+6
someone
guin3apig
helloeverybody
Admin
10 posters

Go down

Should animals have the same rights as people? Empty Should animals have the same rights as people?

Post  Admin Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:26 am

We have pets, but use others for testing. What gives?

Admin
Admin

https://ssispeech.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Should animals have the same rights as people? Empty Re: Should animals have the same rights as people?

Post  12345 Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:04 pm

This question is too broad. It should be narrowed to specific kind of animal and specific right. Eg: Do chimpanzees deserve to have the human right of not being used in medical research?
There are some human rights that animals deserve to have, such as having health care. However, there are many right that animals cannot have, such as driving. lol!

Back to top Go down

Should animals have the same rights as people? Empty Re: Should animals have the same rights as people?

Post  helloeverybody Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:11 pm

Of course animals should have the same right as humans. Aren’t humans animals?

helloeverybody

Back to top Go down

Post  guin3apig Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:38 pm

I don't really understand the topic. Sad
Same rights as in? Not use animals for testing in experiments?

We humans do not use humans for testing because we have no right to take the person's life and the person could refuse and fight back
However, does that mean it is okay to use animals for testing because they are not strong enough to stop us?
The animals own their life too. We have no right to rob their lives from them.

Animals should have their rights, such as health and being treated nicely. However, animals won't have the exactly same rights as humans, as human world and animals world are still different. Humans should not fight as it is wrong, but fighting is part of some of the animals' nature; and we can't interfere with that.

guin3apig

Back to top Go down

Should animals have the same rights as people? Empty Should animals have the same rights as people?

Post  TOP Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:03 pm

I think the animals also have the same rights as people do because I believe that we are all alive creature made by God so we have to care the animals as human. Therefore, the animals should have rights to speak, eat, and sleep as we do normally.

Back to top Go down

Should animals have the same rights as people? Empty Animals shouldn't have the same rights as people

Post  someone Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:33 pm

In our society, people's rights only apply for those who contribute to the society.
Like humans, animals have lives, but they also have their own society.
Why should we just go and apply our rights on the animals? To protect them? If it's for protection, we are not responsible for it.

someone

Back to top Go down

Post  skytop Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:35 pm

I think the animals shouldn't have the same rights as people. When animals be able to produce and create what humans can, they should have the same rights. It doesn't mean that an animal should not have rights but i think we should not compare human to animals . We need some rights for aninamls but animals can not be considered equal with humans

skytop

Back to top Go down

Post  Reality Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:45 pm

Yes, they should.
Even if they can't speak or think as much as clearly as people. That doesn't mean they don't have feelings also. Or may be they do but we can't understand. We can't do what we want to do on them or ignore their rights because they won't express their opinions in the way human beings can understand.

Reality

Back to top Go down

Post  incognito Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:32 pm

hahaha. In western countries, the dog has a higher position and is treated better than the man as following rank: children, woman, dog and finally man. Lolz. We are animals, but high-class animals. That's why we have privileges and build up a developed society while other animals don't. There are good and bad people but one person is millions times more valuable than a bunch of animals. SO, Why do we have to equate them wit us?

incognito

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkness' Wolf Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:27 pm

Animals that are lower-ranked than human should have the same rights as us, but just certain animals. We can't understand their language doesn't mean that they don't have feelings. I said certain animals because there are animals that are harmful to human's lives such as rats, mosquitoes etc. I don't think this question and the testing issues is really related. We use animals in research to find the cure to many fatal diseases, and the animals used in research are treated very well, just like human. Animals research is necessary, but it didn't related to the rights of animal, because the animals are treated just like human participated in medical research projects. This shows that animals have equal rights to human when it comes to research for a bigger purpose. Therefore, I think it is right for animals to have equal rights with human, but I also think that animal research is necessary.

Each years, millions of people were saved thanks to the medicine tested on animals; thousands of people have their malfunctioned organs replaced by animals' organs; and human is winning day by day the fight against fatal diseases such as AIDS, cancer thanks to the results of animals research. Scientists treated the animals in the best condition and the most humane way, during an operation the animals were given anesthesia just like human. They were attached with the animals they research, and they see the animals just like their pets.

So, generally, animal research is not related to animal rights.

Darkness' Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down