Speech Class
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should students be required to wear uniforms?

+8
someone
guin3apig
helloeverybody
Alison
yukikaori
Admin
12 posters

Go down

Should students be required to wear uniforms? Empty Should students be required to wear uniforms?

Post  Admin Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:12 am

A heated topic for debate.

Admin
Admin

https://ssispeech.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Should students be required to wear uniforms? Empty Re: Should students be required to wear uniforms?

Post  yukikaori Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:09 am

although not wearing uniforms and express
you personal self and style, i still think
wearing uniforms to school would be a better idea. not only
because it cuts off the time that you have to get up earlier
in the morning to pick a perfect outfit to wear to school that will
impress who ever you are trying to impress, but it also eliminated
the bullying problems. some kids might be jealous of another's outfit and
creates a problem. so i think wearing uniforms is a better idea although its not that pretty:(

yukikaori

Back to top Go down

Should students be required to wear uniforms? Empty Re: Should students be required to wear uniforms?

Post  12345 Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:11 pm

Wearing uniform to school has many benefits. First of all, wearing uniform saves our time because we don't have to think of what to wear every day. More importantly, if we wear uniform, people will not make and distinction between the students. And every one will feel good every time they go to school.

Back to top Go down

Should students be required to wear uniforms? Empty We definitely should wear uniform!

Post  Alison Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:01 pm

Students might not be interested in wearing uniform because they can not express themselves with the clothes they want to wear. Even though, uniform has its important roles. To make a quick personal comment, I would say that uniform can save time because I always spend a lot of time standing in front of the mirror and choosing the outfit I like; and I might "run out of pretty clothes" before any special occasions come up at school:affraid: ! Anyway, one important function I think the uniform serves is that it reminds us as a part of one big community, SSIS. It can somehow pull the students together and remind that we are the same, we should be able to work together. Uniform can also prevent strangers into the school and on the other hand, make guests more noticeable. There is a teacher responsible for taking guests around and show them the school. And when we see them around, we can say hi and prove our "hospitality". Well, you may think that the guests would probably look a little old but there are some young guests who could be mistaken with a student if the student doesn't wear uniform (I'm not saying the students at our school look old though). One more personal comment to close the thought, the quality of the polo shirt at our school is not that good.

Alison

Back to top Go down

Post  helloeverybody Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:55 pm

Students should be required to wear uniforms. Wearing unifrom shows that students are part of the school and they are at school to study. If free dress is allowed, students will spend very much time dressing up every morning; how to look good. Also, prejudging people by what they wear can be possible. However, if students wear uniforms there will be no difference between students while they are at school.

helloeverybody

Back to top Go down

Post  guin3apig Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:58 pm

Well, I think that uniforms should be optional.
The people who wants to wear their own clothes could wear their own clothes.
The people who wants to wear the school uniform could wear the sch uniform.
However, students should wear the school PE attire to avoid wrong attire for PE.
I think uniform is only to identify yourself as the student of that school.
As for other reasons like, self esteem and saving time,
No offense, but I think those are just personal benefits.

guin3apig

Back to top Go down

Should students be required to wear uniforms? Empty Should :@:

Post  someone Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:36 pm

Wearing uniform or not really doesn't affect what student learn in school and student's ability to study.
So, let just go with whatever the school want us to do.

someone

Back to top Go down

Should students be required to wear uniforms? Empty Should students be required to wear uniforms?

Post  TOP Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:46 pm

The students should be required to wear school uniforms because the uniforms show the unity of school and also make the students to look better. If there's no uniform at school, the students will waste their time to choose the clothes everyday and the schools have to take care of their clothes. That will be very serious problem at school!

Back to top Go down

Post  skytop Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:55 pm

I think students should be required to wear uniform. Students don't have enoiugh money and time. They don't have jobs, so they can't afford to buy beautful and new clothes to wear everyday and they don't have enough time to prepare for clothes.So I think students should wear uniform not to waste time and money.

skytop

Back to top Go down

Post  incognito Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:21 pm

there are various supports for the two contrast idea on this topic. But to me, children should wear uniform for 3 basic reasons: they no longer have to take a lot of time standing in front of mirror and ask what they should wear each day, wearing uniform makes people look equally and not be distinguish on the problem of wealth, wearing uniform creates community strength.

incognito

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkness' Wolf Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:38 pm

A lot of students think that wearing uniform is uncomfortable, ugly, limit their styles. But not wearing uniform can cause certain problems, such as bullying, time managing. In the morning you usually just wake up and grab your uniform, that saves a lot of time, instead of choosing your great outfit that may take more than half an hour. Other kids in school may not like your outfit, might be because it is not appropriate for school. You may get in trouble with teachers when you wear a not-appropriate-outfit to school.

Wearing uniform saves time as well as erases the border between rich and poor students, fashionable and unfashionable students, that could caused prejudice between students.

Thus, I think we should wear uniform to school. We can wear our favorite outfit when we go out, we don't need to look fabulous in school, since we come to school not to show off our outfit. A good outfit won't create respect from others, but knowledge.

Darkness' Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Reality Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:48 pm

I think students should wear them.
By wearing uniforms we can prevent ourselves from doing bad things. Also, in morning, we don't have to worry about what we should wear.
Wearing your own clothes can express yourself, I know. But that can be problem, what if there are people who are not able to buy clothes?Wearing uniform can solve this problem because the students do not need to buy more extra clothes for school.

Reality

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down