Speech Class
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should there be strict laws for cyberbullying?

+9
helloeverybody
incognito
someone
Alison
guin3apig
yukikaori
Admin
13 posters

Go down

Should there be strict laws for cyberbullying? Empty Should there be strict laws for cyberbullying?

Post  Admin Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:16 am

People have been harrassed on social websites like Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter. Some comments have caused teenagers and young adults to kill themselves. Should there be laws for prosecuting people that do this to others?

Admin
Admin

https://ssispeech.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Should there be strict laws for cyberbullying? Empty Re: Should there be strict laws for cyberbullying?

Post  yukikaori Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:15 am

there should a strict rules for cyberbullying but i don't think
anyone can really put out cyberbullying. because they network its just
too big, the government wouldn't know where to start and end!
although cyberbullying are cruel and should be illegal but i don't
think anyone can stop that from happening.

yukikaori

Back to top Go down

Should there be strict laws for cyberbullying? Empty Re: Should there be strict laws for cyberbullying?

Post  12345 Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:54 pm

Well, there should be strict rules to stop cyberbullying. The main reason is that cyberbullying has many serious mental and physical effects on the health of the victims. For instance, the victims have lower self-esteem, likely to commit suicide, want to bully back, and have to suffer from anger and depression. Therefore, in order to have a better future for all mankind, we have to stop cyberbullying; and in my opinion, establishing strict regulations is the most effective way to achieve this goal.

Back to top Go down

Post  guin3apig Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:33 pm

Yes, there should be strict rules for cyberbullying.
Cyberbullying now is so serious that it is like killing someone indirectly.
Cyberbullying has only brought unhappiness upon us.
It is both mentally unhealthy for the people who does cyberbullying and the victims.
Cyberbullying should be stopped by rules.

guin3apig

Back to top Go down

Should there be strict laws for cyberbullying? Empty Stop cyberbulling by creating strict laws!

Post  Alison Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:51 pm

Strict laws should be made to prevent cyberbulling. Even though this issue occurs very often on the internet, there are no signs of intervention from the government to avert the problem. The victims of these malicious jokes have to get through many phases to get better. The government should have people who responsible for tracing who give such unpleasant and hurtful words and actions on the web and may allow the victims to sue about this for violating mentally them.

Alison

Back to top Go down

Post  someone Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:47 pm

Cyberbullying I believe is an issue limited to adolescent only in most cases.
So if there is a strict law, the police or even government officer may have to deal with teenagers who are about their sons or daughters 's ages. In worst scenario, their own sons or daughters.
I think have strict laws for cyberbullying is ineffective

someone

Back to top Go down

Should there be strict laws for cyberbullying? Empty Should there be strict laws for cyberbullying?

Post  TOP Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:56 pm

I think there should be strict rules for cyberbullying because there are many serious mental effects occur to the victims. Sometimes, the victims try to commit suicide and want to bully back to others. In some countries, the people’s comments have cause young celebrities to kill themselves. It happens a lot. To prevent people’s life, we should have some kind of strict laws for cyberbullying so people could realize how bad it is and try to stop doing it.

Back to top Go down

Post  incognito Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:06 pm

Accoringly. It should be strict laws available for that. But the internet is a huge world. Even though many countries propose and apply very strict regulations on bad things on the internet, they can not ban it radically. it depends on the users, us. the cyber-buller can not do anything if we-the ones use the internet don't give them the chance to fool us. Well, we should raise our cautions very high while using the internet

incognito

Back to top Go down

Post  helloeverybody Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:07 pm

Yes, there should be strict rules for cyber bullying. Since technology is very developed these days, everybody can post replies anywhere. In some cases, actually many cases post negative replies than positive replies. Then, people often make one of two choices. In case of celebrities where everybody knows them, they often commit suicide. For many people, they try to find the person who posted negative replies and do the same thing to them. Basically, it's making condition worse and worse. Thus, there should be strict laws.

helloeverybody

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkness' Wolf Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:23 pm

Strict laws to prevent cyberbullying are what today society is lacking. We need strict laws for cyberbullying, for they have caused many unwanted suicides, deaths or self-injuries of teenagers, and bad reputation for adults in the past 3 years. The internet is a free society, but if that freedom harms people mental and/or lives, it should be eliminated.

Many celebrities, politicians and businessmen/women have been harassed on the internet by their rivals. They earned bad reputation and usually failed in their business or/and had troubles with their family under pressure of society.

Teenagers are no exception. Bad jokes from others can caused suicide, or even caused teenagers to murder others since most teenagers are very sensitive and/or rebellious. They hardly think about the consequences their actions will caused to themselves, their family members and those around them. They simply was just trying to find a solution to get out of depression and/or anguish caused by others. Without help from parents, usually, they might feel alone in the world and judge their lives in a negative ways.

I was cyberbullied once, 2 years ago, and I did think of suicide, but wasn't able to. I couldn't do anything about it, I felt hopeless, weak, unprotected from the outside world's attack. When I look back, I still feel bad for what they did to me.

Darkness' Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Reality Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:39 pm

There should be strict laws for cyberbullying.
Because many people are harrassing each other behind their nicknames. Without any reason, just for fun.
The people who got harrassed can be mentally disordered. Or afraid of meeting people they don't know.
In the end, they might suicide themselves also because of depression.

Reality

Back to top Go down

Post  skytop Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:57 pm

I think there should be stric laws for cyberbullying. In Korea, there are almost 10 movie stars died from year 2000. They all commited a suicide and the reason was because of cyberbullying. I think cyberbullying is a great way to KILL a person without knife and it is a murder. We should have really really really strict laws for this.

skytop

Back to top Go down

Post  muhahaha Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:13 am

As mass media is increasing, more and more people post their ideas to the cyberspace - Internet, and share them with other people. However, it does not always provide good aspect because of cyberbullying which gives hard time for other people to use the Internet. Netizens, since they do not need to present their real names or personal information, post swearing words or direct opposing ideas toward other people. Then, in consequence, people reading the posts will feel discriminated. Just like 'skytop' said, recently, many actors and actresses in Korea suicided because of bad comments on them. Although they tried to sustain them, they felt as if they are the worst people in the world and choose to suicide. Cyberbullying should set to be illegal and people who cyberbullyed sould be punished.

muhahaha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum