Speech Class
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is God real?

+9
Reality
incognito
guin3apig
Alison
someone
yukikaori
Admin
13 posters

Go down

Is God real? Empty Is God real?

Post  Admin Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:19 am

Some people say religion is a relic of our pre-scientific days. Christians have declined in America by 10% over the last few years. What are your thoughts?

Admin
Admin

https://ssispeech.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Is God real? Empty Re: Is God real?

Post  yukikaori Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:19 am

i am christian myself, but i don't really believe it god.
although there are evidence that stand to prove that god
existed, and if god is real i have no idea what is he doing? he is
not doing a good job, if he was real. i think it is just an image that people
created to make themselves feel better.

yukikaori

Back to top Go down

Is God real? Empty No God

Post  someone Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:11 am

In ancient time, people referred God as super nature figure because they didn't know what caused disasters such as flood, earthquake,...
When time pass, people start to think God created the world and determine human's fates.
Today, no evidence is found regarding what kind of species God is and did he create the world or not
So, I think God is not real.

someone

Back to top Go down

Post  12345 Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:28 pm

Well, most people, especially scientists, deny the existence of God. However, I do believe that god is real even though I'm secular. If there isn't god, so who created our universe? There are many mysterious issues that neither the Big Bang nor the evolution can explain. Another evidence is that our brain is very complex. The most complex function of the brain is processing thoughts and feelings, which today scientists are still unable to explain. As the result, God must have existed.

Back to top Go down

Is God real? Empty Re:

Post  Alison Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:55 pm

No one can actually be certain that God is real. People have heard that there are spirits and ghosts and some even say that they have seen and contacted with them. Many patriotic martyrs' families could not find their bodies because these bodies were lost during wartime. Some people with the ability of talking to spirits have helped these families find the lost bodies by asking the souls of the dead people themselves to lead to the right place where their body lay. Sometimes there are what are called consequences. People do bad things and bad things happen to them as a result. However, whether God is real or not is a different issue. I believe God exists in everyone if he or she trusts that He (or She, we might never know) is really there. People need someone to rely on, and yes, it is not necessary to be spiritual figures. In anyways, some people who believe in God could overcome such difficult times because they trusted that God was there the whole time to support them and give them strength. Why isn't God real when "God" helps these people to make a miracle happen?

Alison

Back to top Go down

Post  guin3apig Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:29 pm

I don't think there are gods.
Most of the religions in the world have their own gods to explain the going ons in the world,
but till now, there is still no proof the god exists.
I think our life is controlled by ourselves, not by gods.
No one can determine and control our life, only us.

guin3apig

Back to top Go down

Is God real? Empty Is God real?

Post  TOP Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:04 pm

Since I became a Christian, I do believe that there’s a real GOD around us. People who are not a Christian can’t be certain that GOD is real. Some people might ask me like, it there’s real GOD, but why doesn’t he try to help poor people? For my response of this question, I would like to say that GOD only take care of his people who believe him but GOD is still waiting for the people who don’t have a religious belief.

Back to top Go down

Post  incognito Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:11 pm

Of course not. But God, as well as Buddha is religious belief of each man. I, myself believe that there is an existence of spirit world. Strongly believe. It did actually listen to my pray though. That's the true and not superstitious.

incognito

Back to top Go down

Post  Reality Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:20 pm

No, I don't think so.
I believe in the old saying;Seeing is believing.
If the god is real and exist, why can't he be shown to anyone?
According to the bible, god creates us all. Then he's like father to us. So, why can't father show himself to his children?Because he doesn't exist.

Reality

Back to top Go down

Post  helloeverybody Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:13 pm

I do not think God is real. People go to church, pray, ask for help, and follow the God's words. If God is real, isn't the God supposed to hear what people are saying and help to get out of the hard circumstances that they are facing? If God does not want us to suffer, then why would the God give people a hard time at the first place? I know many people who believe in God and whenever there is a big event going on, such as exams, marriage, concert, and other important things, they pray. Based on what I have seen, no matter how sincerely they pray, sometimes their result end up very bad. Thus, I don't think God is real.

helloeverybody

Back to top Go down

Post  skytop Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:43 pm

I do think God is real. I am a christian and I went to church since I wasn't even borned. All the way of my family's life in Vietnam, we felt and experienced God's hand leading us and we have seen many other unbelievable things happened by God. George Mueller once said that Faith ends where worry begins, and worry ends where faith begins. Having a religion and Believing God are faith. If we think too much and doubt about God's existance, then there is no God in our mind. Because God is not far away. He's inside of us, every single time, and we should belive that and I believe that so I think God is real-a faith.

skytop

Back to top Go down

Post  muhahaha Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:23 am

God is not real.
It just exists among the people and gives them to rely on when have hard time. But, "it" is not always somebody else. "It" can be something within me. What we refer to as GOD is the one whom we can sustain and trust when facing difficulties. It is imaginative.

muhahaha

Back to top Go down

Post  Pasteels Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:00 am

God is real. I am a person of no religion so it infuriates me that somebody could say that not having a religion means that you don't have faith. I am not baptized, nor Christian, nor Catholic or Buddhist or Muslim. My father was baptized bu as a man of science, denies the existence of god. My mother lacks a religion and doesn't believe in God, but her mother and family before that were Jewish. They left me decide which road to follow, and I chose my own. I support alot of things. I agree with Lutheranism because it states that you do not require a religion to believe and be forgiven by God, all you need to do is believe and pray. I could say that I have so many more proofs that ghost exists, for the person that states that to see is to believe, and yes, I am mentally sane. I do not believe that to believe you need to submit yourself to a set of rules. If research is done, the Muslim God, and the Christian God are the same God, with the exception that they disagree on their savior. To me, the first testament is to be taken as an extended metaphor, as history was told in the forms of myths and stories in the past, and as I believe in science and evolution, even though I know for a fact that there is alot that science can't explain, that is beyond our grasp. I believe in reincarnation and heaven, but not hell, earth is our purgatory, a place where we can grow and achieve our full potential. I pray every night. I do not take God's gifts for granted. He cannot make us loose weight or make us more attractive as our body is ours, he cannot make people do things as he gave us free will, but he has given me so many little miracles that I've learned to be thankful for every time. Natural disasters are humans' fault, as I'm sure global warming and such are not helping our environment. Don't blame God for every little thing that goes wrong. If somebody times, it was their time to go, even if you find it unfair. God is real. Moreover, I strongly believe in karma, the law of cause and effect. God can't take responsibility or forgive you for all your mistakes, if something bad happens to you, well, its life, deal with it, stop dissing God for not doing his job. We learn from our mistakes, thats how we grow, learn to own up to your mistakes . Our job is to be thankful, not to complain on God's "absence."

Pasteels

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum