Speech Class
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do adopted children have the right to know who their biological parents are?

+10
Reality
incognito
someone
helloeverybody
guin3apig
Alison
yukikaori
Admin
14 posters

Go down

Do adopted children have the right to know who their biological parents are? Empty Do adopted children have the right to know who their biological parents are?

Post  Admin Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:27 am

Or should it be kept secret?

Admin
Admin

https://ssispeech.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Do adopted children have the right to know who their biological parents are? Empty Re: Do adopted children have the right to know who their biological parents are?

Post  yukikaori Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:04 am

i think adopted children should have the right
to where and who their biological parents are because
they have the right to know. even tho that
the parents that raise them will probably be
more important to the adopted children than
their biological parents, since they spent most of their lives with them.
also, if i was the position i would respect the child's opinion
on this one. ask them to see if they want to meet their
biological parents. its all up to them.

yukikaori

Back to top Go down

Do adopted children have the right to know who their biological parents are? Empty Re: Do adopted children have the right to know who their biological parents are?

Post  12345 Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:25 pm

Of course adopted children have right to know their biological parents in order to have better ideas about their identity. They also have right to choose wether to live with the parents who raise them or their real parents. That's their decision, they can choose what is best for them.

Back to top Go down

Do adopted children have the right to know who their biological parents are? Empty Of course!

Post  Alison Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:56 pm

All adopted children have the right to know their biological parents' identity and the key factor in this is time. When the person is mature enough to conceive the truth, it is time. People must, at some time and should be soon, understand that life is not just love and easiness. Their biological parents might did not want them when they are born and so left them at the orphanage to be adopted. It could also be that the parents were too poor to raise the children and did not want their children to suffer the difficulties. Well, the children still suffer mentally when they think about their life without their real parents. Adding to what I said about "soon", I do not mean at young age but as soon as possible, so that they can see the world around them with awareness. I think keeping secret is a good thing to do but this only works for a short time. The person (not children) has to know in the end who his or her real parents are. It is not a mere fact that reveals the important truth, but it also teaches people to become stronger, accept what happened in the past, and let it remain there.

Alison

Back to top Go down

Post  guin3apig Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:50 pm

I agree with yukikaori Smile
Yes, I think that adopted children have the right to know who their biological parents are
They were not brought up by their biological parents,
but it was their biological parents who brought them to this world
If the adopted children want to know and meet their biological parents,
their foster parents should respect their decision and let them do so
No matter what, their biological parents are part of their family
and everyone has a right to know their family

guin3apig

Back to top Go down

Post  helloeverybody Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:42 pm

No matter who raised them, it is important to know that who gave birth to them. So, adopted children should have the right to know who their biological parents are, but only if children want to know. Also, they should know who their biological parents are when they are old and mature enough to face the reality. When people are too young and they realize who their real biological parents are, it is going to be very stressful for them. However, when people are old enough and they know who their parents are they can understand what had happened in the past. Also, they will be able to make decisions that are necessary for them when they are matured.

helloeverybody

Back to top Go down

Post  someone Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:01 pm

I think foster parents should let the child know that they are not his or her real parents and let the child decide to continue with the issue or stop with just knowing who he or she really is.

someone

Back to top Go down

Do adopted children have the right to know who their biological parents are? Empty Do adopted children have the right to know who their biological parents are?

Post  TOP Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:13 pm

I think the adopted children should have the right to know their biological parent because since the step-parents raise, play and spend time with them, the adopted children know surely that these parents are more precious and important to them, so there would be no problem even they just know the fact about their biological parents.

Back to top Go down

Post  incognito Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:18 pm

They can have that right. But majority of adopted children seem not to care about that because they are living in under the auspices of the present parents. Well. They can have that right. That''s no big deal to talk about. Give them that rite and give them the identity of their real parents if they really wanna know that

incognito

Back to top Go down

Post  Reality Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:01 pm

Yes, they do have right to know who their biological parents are.
Even they are adopted they might be have some aspects different than adopted parents, than they will feel more lonely. Confusing about who am I.
And even though foster family raised them, in their blood, they will always miss somewhat real parents who gave the birth to them. Everyone have their right to know who their biological parents.

Reality

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkness' Wolf Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:29 pm

Adopted children should have the rights to know who are their biological parents are, though they are not as important as their adopting parents. It is necessary for a child to know who gave birth to them, but this issue should be decided by the children themselves. Their adopting parents should discuss this issue with the child when he/she is old enough to make the decision for him/herself, because they might not be comfortable to know their biological parents, the ones who forsook them when they were just infants, innocent, weak. They might be shocked and have mental disorders for having know their biological parents and see them again. Therefore, children should have the rights to know who gave birth to them, but it is depended on their decision, since they have their own will.

Darkness' Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  skytop Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:54 pm

I think adopted children have right to know who their biological parents are. Everyone is curious about where they came from and where do they have to go. I knew an adopted friend who tried to find her biological mom and when she found out that her mom passed away , she cried for more than a month (she only saw her mom's picture). From this friend, I found out that all adopted children should have right to know their biological parents if they could. Blood is like a magnet and it will make one want to find his or her blood relationship. No one can stop this.

skytop

Back to top Go down

Post  muhahaha Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:21 am

Usually, children are adopted when they are at the age of 2~5. Thus, they do not have choice whom their paretns would be. Some are living under the warm care of their parents while some suffer under them. When they become mature enough, they get consent from their parents if they can find their real parents. At this point, most of them allow their adopted children to find theri real parents. Adopted children should have rights to find their own paretns since although they do not know and have not seen them, they would want to find people who have shared blood together. In Korea, there is saying that "Blood is thicker than water." It means that blood related people are closer to each other that nothing can intefere their relationships. Again, it is adopted children's choice to find their real parents. However, their rights should not be banned and allow them to do so.

muhahaha

Back to top Go down

Post  Pasteels Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:43 am

My mother was adopted at the age of 4, and she has told me that her adoptive parents were the people she considered her real parents, not her biological parents. However, she has told me that someday, once she looses the fear of discovering the truth of her past, she might be interested in knowing. The possibility of knowing should always be available, so in my opinion, yes, adopted children should be allowed to know who their biological parents are. The knowledge might be beneficial to them, might help them understand why they were left behind, and who they are.

Pasteels

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum