Speech Class
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should skateboards be prohibited on streets?

+8
Alison
someone
skytop
guin3apig
yukikaori
Admin
12 posters

Go down

Should skateboards be prohibited on streets? Empty Should skateboards be prohibited on streets?

Post  Admin Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:26 am

I used to be a skater too, 1000 years ago.

Admin
Admin

https://ssispeech.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Should skateboards be prohibited on streets? Empty Re: Should skateboards be prohibited on streets?

Post  yukikaori Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:06 am

i think skateboard should not be prohibits
in the street, because its a sports, and that's
how it goes, you can't just banned it ! i know its dangerous and all
but some people live upon skateboards! it cannot be just prohibited!

yukikaori

Back to top Go down

Should skateboards be prohibited on streets? Empty Re: Should skateboards be prohibited on streets?

Post  12345 Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:18 pm

Well, in my opinion, skateboard should not be prohibited in the street. The reason is that skateboard is a good sport. For many people, skateboard has become their passion. However, people just need to care more about safety while skating boarding in the street.

Back to top Go down

Post  guin3apig Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:29 pm

Skate boarding is not a common sport from where I come from,
so I do not know about the danger of skate boarding in streets.
However, if skate boards are not meant to be on streets, I think skateboards should be prohibited on streets.
Even though there are some people love skateboards, that doesn't mean they can skate board on the streets as it endangers other people.

guin3apig

Back to top Go down

Post  skytop Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:49 pm

I think skate boards must be prohibited on streets. Its dangerous for both skater and people on the street. If they want to ride a skate board then they can go to empty places where there's no car and no people. afro

skytop

Back to top Go down

Should skateboards be prohibited on streets? Empty Should not

Post  someone Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:06 pm

Doesn't really matter.
Accident causes by skateboarding isn't really an issue because within my knowledge, at least in Vietnam, there are no records of accident regarding skateboarding.

someone

Back to top Go down

Should skateboards be prohibited on streets? Empty No skateboards on street!

Post  Alison Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:23 pm

For Americans, skateboarding seem to be a common sport and so, skateboards appear on the States' streets very often. However, most of the people playing with these often are young people, usually students. Without professional skills, they can not handle the skateboards efficiently and might put their lives at risk and so as others. Though there are students with talent using skateboards, the chance of getting accidents is not zero percent. Skateboarding on the streets is very dangerous even with protective gears; thus, it is not like there are no other places for people to skate than this place so they should go out on the street and play. Therefore, skateboards on streets should be prohibited for safety reasons.

Alison

Back to top Go down

Should skateboards be prohibited on streets? Empty Should skateboards be prohibited on streets?

Post  TOP Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:09 pm

I think the skateboard should not be prohibited because it is a just a common sport and play to children. I think we really don’t have any reason to ban the riding skateboard on the street. Somehow it can be dangerous to others but only this reason can’t be just accepted to prohibit the skateboard!

Back to top Go down

Post  incognito Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:14 pm

how many people got injured or died of hitting by skate board on the street? are there many people object that kind of sport? If we look at it on the aspect of a sound entertainment, it's surely ok

incognito

Back to top Go down

Post  Reality Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:15 pm

No, of course not.
Skateboards are one of the most fun sports in the world.
It can be dangerous, but if the people who ride this are good at it and the people who drive cars obey the rules well it won't be problem.

Reality

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkness' Wolf Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:40 pm

Skateboards should be prohibited on streets. Please notice, the accent is on streets. It is really dangerous for traffic and also for skaters. There are many other places where skaters can practise their skills, such as parks. If they skate on streets, they would easily be crashed by a car or a bus, or they could cause a huge traffic jam or/and accidents by distracting drivers. Agree that it is a sport, but you can find somewhere else to skate. The streets are for traffic, not for skater to goof around. You cannot cause danger to others just because of your fun. Teenagers don't usually think about the consequences of their actions, therefore, the laws can help them by prohibit dangerous things they could do just for fun.

Darkness' Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  helloeverybody Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:07 pm

I don’t think skateboards should be prohibited on streets. For some people skateboards are just to spend their leisure time, but for some people, it can be their transportation. Some students go to school riding skateboards in the morning. Also, if skateboards are prohibited on streets, where else are there to ride them? If they are prohibited because they are dangerous, it is going to be the same everywhere.

helloeverybody

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkness' Wolf Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:29 pm

I repeat, on streets, where cars and bused and motorbikes run like crazy everyday. Students go to school on skateboards skate on the sidewalk. It is really different.

Darkness' Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum